We're looking for an experienced Account Executive/Leader to join our ranks. Working as part of the OAMPS Hazardous Industries team based in Leatherhead, you'll have full responsibility for developing client relationships.
You need to be a great people manager with a strong passion for people, clients and service. You'll lead a small team of insurance executives/handlers whose roles are all about maximising sales, with strong retention and providing excellent service to a niche target market.
As the driving force behind your team, we would expect you to be an accomplished account executive and therefore able to keep the team on track to achieve their targets and keep the business moving in a positive direction.
Founded by petrochemical specialists over 30 years ago, OAMPS Hazardous Industries predominately provides insurance advice to a wide range of hazardous and environmental industries,
Our expertise covers all aspects of our clients' requirements from manufacture to wholesale, distribution, import/export, storage, haulage, installation and servicing. Key Accountabilities:
- Regularly engage with clients, keeping the lines of communication open and effective. You will be a conduit between the clients and internal service providers. You will be integral to make sure our process is handled in a prompt and efficient manner, and meet FCA regulatory standards.
- You will maintain a deep understanding of relevant markets and changes across your industry, helping to keep clients informed and provide effective risk management and insurance advice.
Qualifications Person Specification:
- Using your organisational skills, you will co-ordinate and attend strategy meetings prior to renewal, reviewing clients demands and needs for new and existing contracts. You will be required to attend trade related dinners, AGM's, trade shows, expo's etc. in support of our trade association activity and sector dominance.
- You will be able to liaise and negotiate effectively with Underwriters and Insurers to obtain the most appropriate terms available; compile and provide statistics as required and be able to relay this information with ease.
- As a leader for your team, you will be responsible for completing regular appraisals using smart objectives in line with revenue accountabilities, encouraging the team member to adopt dynamic ways of working.
- Using your analytical skills, you'll create and build meaningful sales reports to highlight the performance of the team and inspire high performance.
- You should ensure that the team has the required skills to achieve performance targets, providing coaching and support to address any shortfalls
- You should comply with AJG Professional Standards Manual in accordance with statutory requirements for the role with specific attention, but not limited to Managing Client information, Whistle Blowing, Treating Customers Fairly
Insurance qualifications preferable. Are you confident in your knowledge of general insurance products and services? We're hoping to welcome your experienced knowledge of insurance classes and passion for growth to our already high performing business.
We are looking for a strong account executive with exemplary leadership skills and with significant business sense in target and goals achievement within a commercial environment
- Your role will be focussed around developing a team, achieving real results and showing us that you have the experience to craft and deliver meaningful relationships which result in high client retention and new business.
- For someone with your experience, it's only natural that you are a talented tactical negotiator, determined to influence others.
- A keen rapport-builder with evidence of effectively prioritising risks managing concurrent workflow you have excellent people management skills.
- You've the highest degree of ethics and integrity in client focus and are eligible to work in the UK
We do ask that you are eligible to work in the UK before applying for this role
To apply for this role, contact Blayne Kelly at the IPS Group