Our client is a specialist insurance business with worldwide interests. This position provides the opportunity to work for the highly successful London Market Managing agency.
Background on the tasks;-
- Supporting the team with risk assessments
- Drafting reports for submission to group committees and boards
- Support with following up on closing out committee actions
- Providing support to stakeholders with risk related queries and opinions
- Working collaboratively with the business to challenge and improve processes and implement solutions
- Undertake risk profiles (under oversight from a senior risk manager) on topical issues to understand impact to the business, assess the current mitigation in place, highlight gaps/weaknesses and propose solutions
- Part of the development plan would include attending working groups and committees to present the risk management update and provide 2nd line input and challenge to the discussion.
- An element of turning the handle tasks – rolling over the risk register for the monthly sign off, following up on controls that aren’t operating, performing control validations.
- Good report writing skills
- Good time management skills and evidence of being able to work in a pressure environment and to deadlines
- Critical analysis mindset – providing 2nd line observation and challenge
- Self-starter who is able to think on their feet
- Confident to work with stakeholders outside of the team
- Can work with Microsoft products – word, excel, outlook and powerpoint
- A degree of understanding of the insurance market – 3+ yrs insurance experience, ideally within the London market (company market experience a plus)
- Working towards or having completed a risk management or insurance qualification