About the role
We are looking for a new Commercial Director to join the executive team of a market leading specialist insurance and products business with significant growth plans.
The Commercial Director will be accountable for:
- Managing and developing existing partner relationships to achieve the company’s sustainable growth ambitions, including actively managing key accounts to help them meet more of their customer’s needs.
- Identifying new business, distribution and commercial opportunities that will allow the business to grow in core markets and diversify into new ones where potential exists.
- Supporting the development of the product portfolio to ensure the business has compelling value propositions in all markets and channels that it operates in, inputting into regularly reviewing the offering to make sure it continues to meet the needs of consumers.
- Owning the company’s multi-channel marketing activities to support underlying distribution strategies and customer relationships.
- Leading and developing the Commercial team and playing a broader role in the business as part of the executive team.
What our client is looking for in their new Commercial Director:
You might be an experienced Commercial or Sales Director looking for your next challenge, but we’re also keen to hear from people who are successfully operating at a management level and feel they’re now ready for the next step.
This is their wish-list but don’t be put off applying if you don’t tick every single box:
- Broad commercial background and track-record ideally in insurance/financial services or, if not, in another regulated consumer services sector
- Minimum of 5 years successful management experience in partnership/B2B2C distribution models, ideally both new business and key strategic account management with large national retailers or similar
- Demonstrable track-record of achieving/exceeding targets in a sales/commercial environment, gained within Insurance.
- Experience in creating and successfully implementing growth-orientated commercial strategies that include innovation, diversification and new channel development
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of how marketing, product and sales fit together to deliver a successful commercial strategy
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the FCA regulatory landscape
- Wider/additional experience in a product or marketing role or, as a minimum, a solid understanding of product and marketing practices and principles would be advantageous
- Demonstrable strong people/line management and leadership skills with a creative and determined approach to challenges and opportunities
- Solid understanding of financial management including budgeting, pricing, P&L ownership, cost management and financial analysis
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and technology skills